“ Great art is that sort of art which actually doesn’t reveal itself straight away;
that will have you coming back to it constantly until something is revealed.”
Galleries are a great place to explore art and give your creative side that much needed adrenalin. They are usually free to enter and can turn out to be real fun if you know how to utilise your time well.
Here are certain steps that one must follow to make their art gallery experience, a memorable one:
1) Decide the amount of time you want to spend in a venue. This is something that has to be pre-decided; this will help you in dividing the time you want to devote at different art works.
2) Focus on art mediums you are interested in: Sculpture, oil paintings, watercolors, modern, realism, classical, representational, and so on. This will help you figure out which sections to visit first.
3) Browse through art history books, magazines to figure out your area of interest- This will help you find out which time, period, movements and artists, you fancy.
4) Choose from the multiple venues for viewing art- If you live in a place, where there are museums with greatest variety of artists, styles and cover a wide range of art history then you can use Internet to help you prioritize your visit.
5) Get a map of the museum collection to become familiar with where things are – Map helps you to develop a plan of action to visit each section/floor in the museum according to the defined sequence.
6) Take more time with the art work that especially interests you- If you find some art, artist or a particular section that interests you the most, you might want to spend ten or twenty minutes with it to absorb all the meaning. And ask yourself questions like: How do the brush strokes flow, whether the colors used are dull or spectacular? Is it possible to identify the theme of specific painting/sculpture without looking at the artists name etc?
7) Try to re-visualize what you saw- At the end of your visit, try to re-visualize everything, this will not only sharpen your memory but will also encourage your brain to remember.